Find your next favourite story now
Login

Fantasy Stories

Our fantasy stories are for those who enjoy escaping to a world filled with magic, wizards, dragons and sorcery.

Stories in this genre have an underlying theme of good versus evil and may be based on fairy tales, myths or legends.

Characters, places and names are often pulled from the author’s vivid imagination and descriptions are usually highly detailed.

From the Annals of Besh, Part IV

A new archivest is allowed to follow a lead that she hopes will help a friend.

[[ Karla left early for the library the next morning as she wants to get this done. First though she orders a bouquet of yellow flowers that will be left at the hotel desk along with a note to Skoal telling him when he should pick her up. The rest of the morning she’ll skip over many years and will only copy the very last chapter in Besh’s book that will be translated to this.]] Chapter 24. 1417. AD. Closing Memories. An...

The White Pawn XIWilliam and Derren sat in a secluded back room at Niel’s tavern, away from prying eyes and ears. It was neither large nor small, with only one way in or out that leads into the back hall. Neil left them a small ale keg and William tossed him a silver bit. At first, he was alone, content to drink until he passed out until Derren finally caught up to him. He barely made it through his second cup. "So ready...

Goes Unpunished, chapter 1

The next morning, the adventures are slow to leave

Lussi rolled out of bed as the sun rose. The early morning sun cast a blue light in the house. Although to call it a house was not quite correct. It was her home, and it had been in her mother’s family for generations. It was also, a tree. A very large, very old tree. Trees like this didn’t grow very often, certainly not anymore, and probably hadn’t ever without some magical interference. The base of its trunk supernatura...

From The Annals of Besh, Part III

A new archivest is allowed to follow a lead that she hopes will help a friend.

[[Karla is back in the secure room of Szechenyi Library having again signed out The Annals of Besh. It would be nice if she could just photo copy the book, but rules are rules, so she goes about copying the pages she wants on her note pad, knowing the last section she wants from the book is going to have to wait till tomorrow because lunch lasted so long, but at least she has this before the library closes for the evening...

The White Pawn X"So what do I owe this unwanted visit, captains?" Commander Jorden asked, setting his quill down in the bottle of ink before sitting back."Ser we need to speak with Captain Lewis Gren's men right away." William asserted."How come I get the feeling you boys know something about his disappearance?"That caught William off guard, he didn't expect for Captain Gren's disappearance to be noticed so quickly. Worse...

From The Annals of Besh, Part II

A new archivest is allowed to follow a lead that she hopes will help a friend.

[[ The next dayproceeds much like the last. Karla is picked up at her room and taken to the Library and dropped off. She signs out the same book and then spends the morning copying it verbatim, then meets her escort for a long lunch where they do a fast translation.]] Chapter 4. Escape and News of Isfahan's Fall (1387 AD). It has been past a month since my last writing as the moon is again but a sliver, just as it was whe...

To the Moon Alice

One woman gets her wish

To the moon AliceShe was leaving it all behind. Her life, such as it had become, was of no use to her. Alice tossed aside the rubbish of her 9 to 5 office temp life and her human refuse of husband and walked out of the city with her head held high, free of the heavy smell of the past that stained her old clothes. No turning back, she thought, no regrets. I hope Phil remembers to feed Buster. As telephone wires slipped pas...

From The Annals of Besh, Part I

A new archivest is allowed to follow a lead that she hopes will help a friend.

[[ Karla picks up her elder escort in the common area of the National Szechenyi Library in Budapest after having spent the day upstairs carousing a very old obscure book missing its beginning. She’s copied verbatim the first part of the book, and will return the next day for more. Tonight she’ll sit in her hotel room with her escort and he’ll help her translate the older Vulgar Latin that she’s not all that familiar with...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Tale of Finkel

A tale of destiny and life's journey.

Chaim Finkel - just Finkel to those few who knew him - was a thoughtful man. He pondered life's mysteries while he went about his everyday business. He was around middle aged, tall and with pronounced, and not very flattering, features. His black hair was good and thick though here and there a little grey. Each day, as he walked to work along the banks of the Vistula River, he would throw bread to the ducks and swans and...

The Santa Clause

Mephisto's dream has come true for he is the new Santa in town. Never mind that he has fangs.

".........minutes of the meeting of the Board of Members of the Managing Council of Santa, Elves and Reindeer Limited held at Santaland, North Pole. Dated 26th December 2014. Resolved, 1)That, one Mr. Mephisto Sanguini (here-in-after referred to as 'The Santa') is appointed the new Santa Claus for the year 2015-16, who will be in charge of the 10001 Elves, 25 reindeer and the Gift Factory™. 2)That, the Santa's duties will...

The White Pawn IXMadam Fiona was entertaining a couple of patrons when William found her. It took some effort to pull her away, and the men were not too pleased with it either. But after seeing the look on William's face, they backed down and moved on. He turned his attention to Madam Fiona.She was a shorter woman with light brown skin and long dark curls of hair. She put her hands on her hips and tilted her head in annoy...

The White Pawn VIIIThe wine cellar was so dimly lit that William could hardly see a few feet in front of his face; let alone the six men aside him. Derren had his eight best and most trusted men with him that night. Five of them were down there with him, and the other three were keeping an eye out on the entrance to the cellar door upstairs, to make sure no one but Gem and Lewis entered. They had to trust that Madam Fiona...

Gambits - The White Pawn VII

One answer unlocks more questions.

The White Pawn VIIWilliam found Derren sitting on the steps to the Gods Temple waiting for him. He had asked Derren to wait after he saw him to the white Sages, but he only half expected him to do so. Especially after getting stitched up for hours by the sages, his stab wound to the side was the worst. He was lucky the blade missed his kidney by a hair width, or so the sages told him. They gave him a cane to help him walk...

The White Pawn VIThe next morning William finished his letter and sent it off with a courier before seeking out Captain Lewis. His search quickly led him to discover Captain Lewis Gren worked night patrols, he should have known that. He had a long boring day of patrolling Bulwark Street. Soon enough he pulled out the bronze Rook he had found placed next to Albert's corpse, and started fiddling around with it. When that go...

The White Pawn VAlbert's family was another dead end. It was time for him to start interrogating the guards now. It would be troublesome at the least. A good amount of the men were of his own regiment, he was disappointed in them, but they could be rounded up easy enough. The rest were men following under other captains, they might not listen to him as Percil was technically named acting lord commander. He needed another...