last reply
63 replies
1.9k views
4 watchers
88 likes
Mystica Flora
1 like

Quote by TomEccleston

The theme and concept seemed so simple on the surface, but when I got down to it, proved decidedly more difficult than I expected to fashion a story. Maybe that should have been the story itself!

Judging by the excellence of other entries, this might have just been a me-problem, though. Loving this field.

I had the same issue. The first week or two after the comp was posted I was wracking my brain for ideas and continuously drew blanks. I finally decided to sit out on this comp. About a week before the End Date, inspiration came to me.

Lillie

"It's Not What It Looks Like" contestant; true story regarding a normal collegiate day that took a drastic turn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Cora
About a week before the End Date, inspiration came to me.

StoriesSpace has a fickle muse, I find. 😉😊

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - "Not What It Looks Like" comp THIRD PLACE!!

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

StoriesSpace has a fickle muse, I find. 😉😊

Oh, pish posh. A muse of wonder, perhaps. ☺️

Lillie

"It's Not What It Looks Like" contestant; true story regarding a normal collegiate day that took a drastic turn.

2 likes

Quote by Mendalla

So it was not just me. I felt the same. It seemed like an easy one to come up with something interesting for but I went through three different story ideas that failed at various stages of drafting before my entry, the fourth, kind of stuck the landing.

I also had three attempts that went nowhere. I finally decided just to write a true story and was able to reach the finish line on time!

~Kat~

My 4th place story from It’s Not What It Looks Like Competition:

1975 The Summer Of Fun

My top ten Monsters and Myths competition story:

Queen of the Turbines

My 2nd place Mardi Gras competition story:

Memories of Mardi Gras (One Last Time)