2.3k replies
314k views
2 watchers
22 likes
Mystica Flora
0 likes

Side - Travis

Cora's Soliloquy

A soliloquy about true love in the midst of loneliness and perseverance.

Peace

Peace and the beauty of nature on a summer's night.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Children - Robert Miles

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

The Jacket Soundtrack Crazy D Remix

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Crazy old ape
0 likes

In case you were wondering, I don't just rock out to metal these days even if it might seem that way. Another favourite of mine from a rather difference musical world is Malinda (full name Malinda Kathleen Reese). She's a singer, songwriter, musician, and even stage actress with an award under her belt from a musical she appeared in. Oh, and she directed a film of the songs from her last album. Yeah, another multi-talented powerhouse.

This is the second new song from her this year. No announcement yet about a new album, but I suspect it must be in the works.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - "Not What It Looks Like" comp THIRD PLACE!!

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

From the TV show, Loudermilk. This is Lizzie Poole (Lissie) singing When I'm Alone

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Chasing Dragons
1 like

Left On Mars - Marko Hietala featuring Tarja Tarunen. Great to see them together.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by AnnaMayZing

Left On Mars - Marko Hietala featuring Tarja Tarunen. Great to see them together.

See my post in the other "listening" thread for my comment on this. Love having them back together.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Chasing Dragons
1 like

Sorry, I'm still stuck on Once. 🤣

Creek Mary's Blood

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Amazon Love - Johnny Flynn featuring Lillie Flynn, his sister. This is one of my favorite songs. He has an acoustic guitar version and piano version. Both are beautiful. I think I prefer the acoustic version more.

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Chasing Dragons
1 like

Jean Michel Jarre - Starmus - Bridge From The Future - Live from Bratislava. Feat. Brian May

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Jean-Michel Jarre with Brian May is like an 80s fantasy come to life. Top synth wizard meets one of the best guitarists of that generation.

I have been getting more creative with my playlists on Amazon Music. One new one is "Energize My Day", a list of songs that I find get my heart pumping and my mood rising. The leadoff track, appropriately, is "Energize Me" by After Forever, one of my favourite songs from the pen and voice of Floor Jansen (and one she still uses today in solo sets).

In the current configuration, the first four songs have Floor on vocals (1 After Forever, 2 Nightwish, 1 solo), and she appears again a couple more times later in the list. Need to shuffle things a bit. She really puts a lot of energy and verve into her singing even in studio, which is why she shows up so often.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Dream So Real - Metric

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

God of War - Memories of Mother

Eivør & Danish National Symphony Orchestra

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Lange Featuring The Morrighan - Follow Me

Administration
0 likes

David Kushner - Daylight

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Amazon Love - Johnny Flynn featuring his sister, Lillie

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Crazy old ape
0 likes

"Bewitched" was the title track from Laufey's 2023 second album. Here, the song is reimagined by her fellow Icelander, classical pianist Vikingur Olafsson. Noted for performances of music from Bach right down to modern composers like Philip Glass, Olafsson's rendition creates a very beautiful piano setting of Laufey's song.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

And a solo performance of the song from Laufey herself.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

I first discovered Laufey on a tour of Iceland about a year ago. I was booking our visit to the Blue Lagoon spa (now closed due to the ongoing volcanic activity nearby) and they had an interview with her on their blog. Intrigued by what I read, I looked her up on social media right about the time she was heavily promoting this song. It remains one of my favourite from Bewitched.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

You know, Laufey has become one of those artists that I just can't stop talking about. If "From the Start" was the lure, "Lovesick" set the hook. Still my favourite song of hers.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

The Water - Johnny Flynn feat. Laura Marling

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Administration
0 likes

Rob Zombie has been my soundtrack this morning. Which says a lot considering it's only 8:45 AM. 😀

Crazy old ape
1 like

Quote by Molly
Rob Zombie has been my soundtrack this morning. Which says a lot considering it's only 8:45 AM.

Oh boy. I will keep my distance. 😋 I have only listened to some Laufey (vocal jazz) so far. Considered cranking some metal but decided I wasn't in that kind of mood yet.

Administration
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

Oh boy. I will keep my distance. 😋 I have only listened to some Laufey (vocal jazz) so far. Considered cranking some metal but decided I wasn't in that kind of mood yet.

Haha, it wasn't bad, I was just dragging and needed motivation. Rage Against The Machine is my grumpy mood band. Haha

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Archie Caine is someone I am still trying to find information about. I only found him because another Floor Jansen/Nightwish fan recommended the video below.

From some googling, it appears that Archie is a British singer-songwriter with strong influences from prog, power, and symphonic metal. His only album is a concept album called Tommy And The Angels (2022) but he managed to get two veterans of the European metal scene to help with it. Damian Wilson has appeared with many bands and projects over the years as both lead and guest vocalist. Dianne van Giersbergen has fronted two bands (best known for her time in Xandria) and is currently releasing solo songs leading up to her debut solo album. This song features Dianne, who packs a magnificent operatic soprano. Per something I found on Reddit, Archie may now be fronting a band called Fairyland, replacing their late previous lead.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Go Get It - Spookie Daly Pride

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

In my humble opinion, David Gilmour is the greatest rock guitarist, bar none. His guitar work is flawless. I can close my eyes and easily be transported to heaven.

Here is an example of his work. From his live concert in 2006 at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Remember That Night. Featuring Richard Wright on keyboards, this is The Blue

Mystica Flora
0 likes

My Skin - Natalie Merchant

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

This is How You Find The Way (Incorrectly shown as Beautiful Day) - Thea Gilmore

I love this song. Thea is a wonderful singer.