Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.7k replies
427k views
16 watchers
1.0k likes
White Rose

Good morning, everyone.

It has been kind of quiet here lately. Inspirations does tend to have those moments, though. It is often very lively during times of competitions. Hopefully more people join in conversation or just say, "hey."
In other news, I woke up this morning and there was heavy fog outside; still there. Kind of eerie. I now have the dogs resting against me, as usual.

Quote by verbal

Sending off a memoir today that will be big if they take it. I’ve gotten two complimentary rejection slips from them thus far. We will see if the third time is a charm.

I am also writing about—not making this us—itinerant preachers in the 1930s preaching in rural Oklahoma. One of my great-uncles is among them. It’s ambitious, we will see if I can pull it off.

I did not send off my memoir yesterday. My writing process is almost always diligent. If it is for SS I am meticulous about the story cover and design. As a writer, I stress too much and am too hard on myself. Something I am working on. Hopefully today I will submit my memoir.

verbal, that is rough to hear you received two rejections. Hopefully your third try will be a success. The theme you are writing about seems interesting and unique. Also has an element of truth as your great-uncle was an itinerant preacher.

I am off to writing. I hope everyone has a lovely day. ❤️🌹

Coffee is La Colombe Cold Brew and Cafe Du Monde French Roast. Teas are looseleaf White Peach and White Peony.

“Swing, batter, batter, swing!”

The Veil Between Good and Evil

"Beyond The Veil" Competition Top 10: Good and evil exist beyond the veil.

Lillie

"It's Not What It Looks Like" Competition Top 10: True story of a normal collegiate day that took a drastic turn.

Kaiju-adjacent

Yay! More baseball cookies!

I sold the memoir story! And to think I was ready to quit writing two weeks ago. It took me three rejections before they finally accepted it. I really worked hard to get this right. And I feel good that perseverance paid off.

Mets won last night! A week and a half to go in the regular season.

Coffee and Mets cookies please!

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place