Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.6k replies
419k views
16 watchers
1.0k likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
I wrote a VERY dark story last week, so dark even Talia hated it.

At least she's not the editor reviewing it, eh. 😊 My darkest story is gone now (from here, might have it stashed in my writing archive still). Good story but, yeah, dark.

Quote by verbal
a Presidential address to watch

Should be an interesting one. Might even be more interesting than the game, though an NY crosstown game should be run.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - "Not What It Looks Like" comp THIRD PLACE!!

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps wave

It's been a busy day. But got things done.

Cookies today are movie themed : movie tickets , popcorn bucket , movie canister ,film strip ,boxed candy , soda cup and stars

*cleaning out the cookie jars and filling the jar to the tippy top with fresh cookies .

Braves are injured plagued again . Gotta call up some help

Austin Riley is on the paternity leave list until the weekend series .

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

pouring a large glass of tea and adding in lemon and sugar then moseyin over to my favorite overstuffed chair

My Competition Story : 💜 Milly's Adventure https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/childrens/millys-adventure-2

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Good morning, everyone.

I collaborated with maryruth on a poem about peace and nature on a summer's night; "Peace." It was published 13 hours ago which is exciting. Mer is a dear friend of mine and I am grateful to have collaborated with her. I most likely will again.

I hope to get some writing done today, as is my hope everyday.

I hope you all have a beautiful day.

Lillie

"It's Not What It Looks Like" contestant; true story regarding a normal collegiate day that took a drastic turn.

Cora's Soliloquy

A soliloquy about true love in the midst of loneliness and perseverance.

Peace

Peace and the beauty of nature on a summer's night.

Slender Leaves

A musing about a contemplation of the beauty of nature at dawn.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

I look forward to your poem, Cora.

The Yankees got PUMMELED by the Mets last night on national TV! I will try not to crow, but it was fun. Talia and I even went to a bar to watch the first half, sort of a pre-birthday celebration (my birthday is this weekend). Big fun.

Sara, I believe your Braves are up next.

Now, off to write. I still can’t do my walks - trying to stay off my foot.

Coffee and a STAR cookie please.

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Story Moderator
1 like

My husband and I are going out of town for a long weekend. Friends have a condo in a ski town. But in the summer there is swimming, biking, hiking and good food. On Saturday there's a brews and blues festival. The weather is going to be lovely, mid seventies during the day and mid fifties at night. I've been told that I've been in a bad mood lately and really need to get away. I haven't been dealing well with some of my parents issues. So I get the weekend off and enlisted my only sibling to step up. Hopefully I will return with a renewed energy or any energy. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I should be back by Tuesday. Cheers.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Hi, all. In a gap between meetings. Sorry i didn't have time to do the setup this morning. Have not had a crazy meeting day like this in a long time, actually. One more work meeting to go, then I have a personal one. gasps for breath

Sad news in Canada today. A wildfire is raging in Jasper National Park, just North of the more famous Banff National Park. Houses destroyed in the town of Jasper and the town and park have been evacuated. I was there with my wife back when we were dating pre-marriage. Lovely part of the country.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza

My husband and I are going out of town for a long weekend. Friends have a condo in a ski town. But in the summer there is swimming, biking, hiking and good food. On Saturday there's a brews and blues festival. The weather is going to be lovely, mid seventies during the day and mid fifties at night. I've been told that I've been in a bad mood lately and really need to get away. I haven't been dealing well with some of my parents issues. So I get the weekend off and enlisted my only sibling to step up. Hopefully I will return with a renewed energy or any energy. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I should be back by Tuesday. Cheers.

I think I know where you're going. smile Have fun! A gorgeous place, if I'm right.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Good morning!

Didn’t sleep well, but I am up and around today. Still trying to stay off my foot, though I am really missing my walks. On the plus side, more time to write.

Excellent Mets/Braves game last night Sara. Two very evenly matched teams. Should be a good series.

My daughter messed up her Achilles tendon yesterday. It’s not looking good (part of the reason I couldn’t sleep last night). But hopefully the care she has been given at the hospital will help.

Coffee and several cookies please.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

What is it with your family and feet, anyhow? 🙄😕 Hope you both recover.

Good afternoon. Nice day around here again. Starting to heat up again but not too bad yet.

Got company coming over (son and d-i-l) for dinner tonight.

Writing but not for here.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good day (almost afternoon here)!!

Putting on some dark roast Nicaraguan, fresh ground, in the coffee pot. For teas, we've got Darjeeling and Buddha's Blend. Pitchers are washed and refilled with unsweet iced tea and lemonade. Sodas are stocked up.

Lovely weather here, but that temperature is inching upwards. 30C by Monday with the humidity starting to rise by then, too.