Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.5k replies
417k views
16 watchers
1.0k likes
Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle

Hi, everyone! 🍷

Sorry for my long absence. After the news of my father, My brain was pretty messed up. I had more than a week of bonkers and many bad days after that. I fell and broke a tooth which had to be pulled. I have an irrational fear of dentists, so that was a real struggle. My doctor found a suspicious mole on my neck that I will soon be excised. All of this may seem bad, but the real problem is the progress of my LBD. It has multiplied any real issues. I have had a hard time getting to SS.

My LBD has made the transition to the new site difficult. My whole life runs on a set schedule and routine. Dealing with change is difficult, yet I am trying to get used to the new format.

I have sorely missed your companionship in my daily life. I continue reading your stories, though slowly.

BTW, I have shaved off my rather large 'Santa Clause' like beard, and my youngest grandson took almost a week before he recognized me. It was pretty funny seeing everyone's reaction to the appearance of my face. I certainly hope it was not fear or disgust. 😀

I hope you all stay healthy and happy. ❤

We've missed your friendship as well. Hope to see you back and around soon - you were able to post this, you should be able to start coming around here again.

And while LBD may stand for the disease, I am now picturing you standing around in a Little Black Dress, thanks to Ping. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I bet you look stunning! And those pumps are to die for! 

You were right about Baez, man, he's exciting to watch. Our playoff chance have dwindled to near zilch, but he's so exciting to watch, particularly the fielding and baserunning.

Double header today. And no plans. Proof of a loving God.

A coffee and a cookie! Enjoy the day all! 

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Carey’d away.
0 likes

I finally have my body pillow so now I can have all the full body snuggles I want. One half of my bed is literally just Jane now.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by verbal

Double header today. And no plans. Proof of a loving God.

My standard of proof for the existence of a loving Deity is a bit higher. COVID spontaneously vanishing and all remaining victims, including long-haulers, healed might do it. 😇 (signed, Cranky Agnostic Ape)

Been completely and utterly useless today. I mean, I cooked breakfast (pancakes) but that was about it. Just do not feel like doing anything today so I've just been puttering around doing meaningless crap. Could probably have bashed out a story if I felt like it but I didn't feel like it.

Enough of my moaning and groaning. Afternoon tea time. Kettle is brewing and I've got one cookie from each of our cookie crew.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - "Not What It Looks Like" comp THIRD PLACE!!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes
Quote by JustAnotherSapphic

I finally have my body pillow so now I can have all the full body snuggles I want. One half of my bed is literally just Jane now.

So, I have a weird story idea. Have you ever thought about what might happen if you woke up and your pillow was alive and you were the pillow! Jane missed you so much she bought a Elyse-pillow for herself! Anyway. Just a thought. Maybe pursue it with someone besides Jane - me falling asleep with a Gillian Anderson pillow, or something similar.

j  

Magnificent Bastard
1 like
Quote by verbal

So, I have a weird story idea. Have you ever thought about what might happen if you woke up and your pillow was alive and you were the pillow! Jane missed you so much she bought a Elyse-pillow for herself! Anyway. Just a thought. Maybe pursue it with someone besides Jane - me falling asleep with a Gillian Anderson pillow, or something similar.

j  

I once replied to someone’s post, stating that I was their mattress. Caught them off guard.  It was damn funny. 
Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Carey’d away.
0 likes
Quote by verbal

j  

No, I've never thought of that, but I do have a "caught in the act" kind of story on my neverending list. I guess that's sort of the same but I probably can't post it here if/when I write it.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good morning! Coffee is a-brewing and kettle is a-boiling.

Day 2 of the long weekend and I am still kind of "at sea". I guess it's depression but I just feel very unmotivated and sort of unhappy. Not down in the dumps unhappy, just kind of lacking in joy. 

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

0 likes
Quote by Mendalla

Good morning! Coffee is a-brewing and kettle is a-boiling.

Day 2 of the long weekend and I am still kind of "at sea". I guess it's depression but I just feel very unmotivated and sort of unhappy. Not down in the dumps unhappy, just kind of lacking in joy. 

Sales trainers have a cure for that. It's called "GOYA", which stands for "Get Off Your Ass", meaning you're not going to feel any better moping around. Instead, get moving and do something constructive. Even if you have to force yourself in the beginning, once you're into it, you'll feel better.

Not sure if that helps, but it works for me!

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Latest Competition Entry: If Only …

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by JamesPBear

Sales trainers have a cure for that. It's called "GOYA", which stands for "Get Off Your Ass", meaning you're not going to feel any better moping around. Instead, get moving and do something constructive. Even if you have to force yourself in the beginning, once you're into it, you'll feel better.

Not sure if that helps, but it works for me!

GOYA only gets me so far, really just giving me something to do to distract me from the general sense of meh. Went for a bike ride this morning and watched a writing video (which I will post in a thread) and that perked me up, but there's a still a general sense of wanting to just curl up into a ball and cry that will be there until this thing passes. 

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps smile 

Still on the mend but felt like making some fresh cookies for here . 

A large ginger ale would be great. 

In Big Bird : pecan divines, oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodle and peanut butter and banana cookies

In Cookie Monster : ginger snaps, peanut butter and banana cookies, golden raisin whippersnappers and tropical angel cookies

In Elmo : flourless peanut butter cookies,chocolate and butterscotch chip cookies, strawberry pinwheels cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies

*Giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats* 

Please stay safe everyone.

It's been a sad week in my little town 3 covid related deaths in a 2 day period.

Hugs to all heart

My Competition Story : 💜 Milly's Adventure https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/childrens/millys-adventure-2

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ping
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by Ping

LBD?

Lewy Body Dementia, I think.

It’s called levity. 

Anyone who’s dealt with dementia knows how challenging it is. I do. Currently dealing with it too. Moving someone in a supportive care home today. It’s brutal. I also know trying to make someone smile is better than trying to embarrass them or shut them down.

Ping, I do appreciate levity. It is always better to laugh than cry. I retired from the US Navy. I have very thick skin and have a bit of a dark gallows humor and regular punny humor.

BTW, in high school, I was a thespian. I wore dresses on several occasions, including once in a black dress with a pair of gorgeous black six inches heels. With the prosthetics, I looked fabulous!

Hope you continue to mend, Sara. 😃

Everyone, have a great day. 🍺

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Good morning!!! Coffee's on, kettle's on, Sara restocked the cookies.

Lovely weather here on a holiday Monday. No plans, but probably hit the road/trails again later.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Sorry for all the Covid deaths in your town, Sara. Glad you're feeling better, and bringing us cookies though.

*STEALS ALL THE COOKIES*

Thanks for the set-up, Ape. Another glorious lazy day before the work week resumes. We are threatening to go see a movie this afternoon, but as we nearly always blow our movie plans off, who knows? 

We watched the movie Oliver! last night! It was the first play I was ever in! Really fun, I love those old musicals, especially the big show-stoppers, where they keep topping themselves and raising the stakes until the BIG FINISH.

*FEELS GUILTY, RETURNS ALL COOKIES BUT ONE FOR MYSELF*

Enjoy the day everyone! 

0 likes

I'm just sneaking in for some Earl Grey tea, hot (as per Jean-Luc), plus one of Sara's (stolen and returned) GF sugar cookies. I'll take a seashell and a dolphin cookie, please. And yes, I know that's two, not one, but as Robert Benchley once said, there are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.

Hope everybody's well. Our g'daughter starts Sr. Kindergarten tomorrow, so we're out of town to avoid the rush. Of course, her parents (rightly) don't trust the provincial government here in Ontario to know their ass from the Grand Canyon, so she'll be attending remotely. Not sure what that will be like; her first experience with school being through a screen! Well, as my mother used to say "All will be revealed!"

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

My better half has cooked salmon tonight. Yummy! James, I finished reading 'The Bear and the Girl.' I greatly enjoyed it.

Peace and love to everyone!

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps 

A beautiful day here 

A large iced coffee☕

On the mend but have my appetite back ! 

Hungry as a bear after  hibernation! (Sorry Da Bear)!

*Peeking in the cookie jars* yay still cookies 

Lazy holiday Monday .. Netflix and chill. 

Good to see everyone.

Ape thanks for the coffee and tea set up 

Jeff thanks for your condolences.

Hi Da Bear  my daughter is nervous about sending my grandson to in person class .. he just turned 7 and in 1st grade and smart 

Hi Roland good to see you .salmon sounds YUMMY! 

Stay safe everyone! heart

My Competition Story : 💜 Milly's Adventure https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/childrens/millys-adventure-2

Carey’d away.
0 likes

Not me thinking about the dream I had on Saturday night and hoping I can find some way to turn it into a story (even if I don't post it here) cause it ended too soon for my liking.

...and if dream related fix-it stories weren't a thing before, well, they will be now.

0 likes

Sipping some tea while the rain disrupts my plans to swim with my neighbor. Had a great visit with my daughter this past long weekend, but her departure left me feeling melancholy. She is going through a tough time and it helped to come home to the beach where she could chill and have mom and dad pamper her a bit. But sending her on the road with tears in her eyes yesterday was heart-wrenching. She is strong, she will be fine, eventually. In the meantime, I think it's cruel that the magic wand I used when she was a child to make things better no longer works now that she is grown. 

~Kat~

My 4th place story from It’s Not What It Looks Like Competition:

1975 The Summer Of Fun

My top ten Monsters and Myths competition story:

Queen of the Turbines

My 2nd place Mardi Gras competition story:

Memories of Mardi Gras (One Last Time)

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Hey all.

Things seem to be coming along nicely at other sites. I took a peek of the Forums--in specific a particularly bonkers thread in the TT--and I like the way it looks, and works! The story presentation, IMHO needs a little tweaking, but there is certainly no shortage of folks there with opinions on what would work best. (My apologies for mentioning other sites, but I am assuming it's an unavoidable subject at present.) 

Mets took a CRUSHING loss last night. Sigh.

I really like the way the Magpie story turned out. My confidence is restored, though temporarily (it's always temporary! and should be). I may post it later.  

A coffee and a cookie please!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes
Quote by KatarinaTechgoddess

Sipping some tea while the rain disrupts my plans to swim with my neighbor. Had a great visit with my daughter this past long weekend, but her departure left me feeling melancholy. She is going through a tough time and it helped to come home to the beach where she could chill and have mom and dad pamper her a bit. But sending her on the road with tears in her eyes yesterday was heart-wrenching. She is strong, she will be fine, eventually. In the meantime, I think it's cruel that the magic wand I used when she was a child to make things better no longer works now that she is grown. 

Oh, I feel for you Kat. My youngest is going through some tough times too. She's strong, she'll be fine, but sometimes it just makes you feel so frikkin helpless, you know?  You do, clearly. Hugs and empathy dear. Parenthood is not for the faint of heart.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Ugh is all I'm gonna say about the other site ..

But I do have fresh cookies today. * Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*

In Big Bird we have : oatmeal raisin , peanut butter and banana cookies, butterscotch marshmallow cookies and cappuccino royale cookies

In Cookie Monster we have : ginger snaps, butterscotch marshmallow cookies, strawberry pinwheels and cheery cherry cookies

In Elmo we have : lemon softies, walnut chocolate chip cookies, mocha chocolate chip cookies and molasses cookies 

Stay safe everyone 💕

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by DenimAngel

Ugh is all I'm gonna say about the other site ..

I seem to recall you having the same reaction here right after the upgrade (as, to be honest, did I). Hopefully once things get fixed and shaken out, it will get better. I won't get over there until this evening, probably.

Warm weather here today but it is a here and gone one. 30C high today, by Thursday we are supposed to be down to 19C. At least it's not as muggy as it was a couple weeks back.

0 likes

I’m locked out of the other site 🤣

I knew I would be, I’m so rubbish with technology, lol 

Don’t suppose you could sneak me a beer, could you? 🍺

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by Welshdreamer42

It's not you. I can't get in right now either. The site is still unstable from the upgrade, I think. My suggestion to all would be to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully, the tech crew are working on the issues.

There's a couple cases worth in the bottom of the fridge. Emergency stock I laid in. It's Sleeman's. Good Canadian beer (even if the company is now owned by Sapporo).

0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by Welshdreamer42

It's not you. I can't get in right now either. The site is still unstable from the upgrade, I think. My suggestion to all would be to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully, the tech crew are working on the issues.

There's a couple cases worth in the bottom of the fridge. Emergency stock I laid in. It's Sleeman's. Good Canadian beer (even if the company is now owned by Sapporo).

I'm successfully logged in, although a number of users report being able to log in, and then being kicked out again almost immediately. Teething problems?

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Okay, I got in and it is clearly a work in progress. It isn't even keeping me logged when I switch between sections of the site (e.g. from stories to forum).

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by Welshdreamer42

We got a liquor licence with the upgrade!?  Man, good software!

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by verbal

Beer only and don't look too closely at the paperwork.😉

Carey’d away.
0 likes

I'm locked out too. And if I do manage it, I'm only logged in on the site itself and not the forum. 

I...I'm about ready to give up on the red side.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by verbal

Beer only and don't look too closely at the paperwork.😉

I covered the important parts of the paper work in cookie stickers .. smile