Login

Hot dogs?

last reply
36 replies
7.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Chasing Dragons
Käsekrainer. (German/Austrian sausage with cheese stuffing) in a crusty roll with mustard and ketchup. Best hotdog ever!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Primus Omnium
The bun has to be fresh to start with. The dog should be all beef, or a bratwurst, with pickle relish and mustard.
Active Ink Slinger
Halloween Hot Dog !!!!!

Terrestrial Mermaid from Outer Space

Plain on a stick/skewer, either steamed or grilled...no condiments.

Crazy old ape

Don't eat them anymore. Much prefer a bratwurst or other suitable sausage. A local company makes a nice garlic polish sausage that would work well (but we eat them other ways).

On the beauty that lies beneath - Beyond the Veil comp entry!

White Rose

Quote by Survivor
The bun has to be fresh to start with. The dog should be all beef, or a bratwurst, with pickle relish and mustard.

Agreed, except no pickle relish or mustard. I prefer ketchup. Although, I cannot remember the last time I have had a hotdog or bratwurst.

Paradise

Light of a new day; a passing rain shower; beauty of an Australian rainforest.

The Veil Between Good and Evil

"Beyond The Veil" Competition Top 10: Good and evil exist beyond the veil.

Crazy old ape

Holy necro, Batman!! A ten year old thread that hasn't had a post in 2 years came back to life!

Sadly, the last post in the thread before it went dark was mine and I have little to add but I will mention that Costco in Canada (forget if the US still has it, thought I heard they didn't) has a nice Polish sausage dog that comes with a soft drink for a very reasonable price. You can ask for onions with it, too. Not as good as BBQ sausage on a bun but better than your usual fast food dogs. Mrs. M and I sometimes buy one of them plus a poutine and split both.

On the beauty that lies beneath - Beyond the Veil comp entry!