Question about when the next writing competition

last reply
38 replies
8.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What would everyone think of a parallel competition? Two simultaneous competitions with the same parameters/rules except one would be micro-fiction and one would be poetry; and you could enter both (with different pieces) or just one.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by authorised1960

Ah, I'd forgotten 2014's Christmas drabble...

I was thinking more of unlinked words such as 'Bucket, eggplant, crosswords, sliced bread and Wellington boots.' Composing a story containing all of those elements would be an interesting exercise, perhaps?

Sounds like elementary school all over again.

Cough cough

A teenage girl ran with a slice of bread in her mouth because she was already late for school. With every step she made, her Wellington boots stepped into a puddle of water slowly ruining it.... Yea thats all I got lol
Her courage was her crown and she wore it like a queen -Atticus
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Black_Dragon
Quote by authorised1960

Ah, I'd forgotten 2014's Christmas drabble...

I was thinking more of unlinked words such as 'Bucket, eggplant, crosswords, sliced bread and Wellington boots.' Composing a story containing all of those elements would be an interesting exercise, perhaps?

Sounds like elementary school all over again.

Cough cough

A teenage girl ran with a slice of bread in her mouth because she was already late for school. With every step she made, her Wellington boots stepped into a puddle of water slowly ruining it.... Yea thats all I got lol

I thought I was the worst punster here on SS. Looks like I've got a rival
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
What would everyone think of a parallel competition? Two simultaneous competitions with the same parameters/rules except one would be micro-fiction and one would be poetry; and you could enter both (with different pieces) or just one.

Oh Oh!! I like that idea.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by akatsuki_dragon
Quote by rolandlytle

Oh Oh!! I like that idea.

Initially I thought 'nah'. However thinking more about it, it sounds like a fabulous challenge - but with the stipulation you HAVE TO enter both categories (but with separate winners in each)! THAT would be a challenge to test the very best and most creative writers amongst our little community. I'm up for it...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle

Can that happen?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Entangled_Fate
Can that happen?

Yes it is possible, but not assured. I expect May is the earliest possible for any compettition.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Lurker
0 likes
Shall there be another one soon?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have to ask!