question about comments on stories....

last reply
13 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Did there used to be settings for make comments invisible in settings?

I think that used to be an option on both sites.

I don't see it as one anymore.

Thanks for looking.

0 likes
If I recall correctly, the comments already posted on stories only become hidden if you chose to disable commenting on your stories; no further comments can be made, pre-existing ones are hidden.

That is what I recall, so you could always check it out by disabling comments, check your stories that have already been commented on, and see if those are hidden. Of course it also means that no new comments can be added until comments are enabled again.

Having said all of that, I might be mistaken altogether.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsy
If I recall correctly, the comments already posted on stories only become hidden if you chose to disable commenting on your stories; no further comments can be made, pre-existing ones are hidden.

That is what I recall, so you could always check it out by disabling comments, check your stories that have already been commented on, and see if those are hidden. Of course it also means that no new comments can be added until comments are enabled again.

Thanks for replying.

I think it used to be an option.
Tries to recall, but can't.
0 likes
Quote by the_enchantress
Quote by gypsy

Thanks for replying.

No, in my recollection, it was not ever an option for the stories comments, either here or "there".

It was added to profile comments, so perhaps that is what you are thinking of?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsy
Quote by the_enchantress
Quote by gypsy

Thanks for replying.

No, in my recollection, it was not ever an option for the stories comments, either here or "there".

It was added to profile comments, so perhaps that is what you are thinking of?

I can't recall for certain, but I think it was that way..

Thanks though.
Lurker
0 likes
There seems to be an unwillingness for people to leave comments on the stories and poems lately... or is it my imagination?

I read a lot of the work that's posted and comment on most of what I read. I have noticed that over the past week or two that very few new submissions are receiving many comments (or scores for that matter) of any description.

Is this just a 'blip' that will resolve itself in due course or is it a reflection of the standard of work being submitted (no better or no worse that any other time as far as I can see) or just not enough people care to comment?
0 likes
Quote by authorised1960

There seems to be an unwillingness for people to leave comments on the stories and poems lately... or is it my imagination?

I read a lot of the work that's posted and comment on most of what I read. I have noticed that over the past week or two that very few new submissions are receiving many comments (or scores for that matter) of any description.

Is this just a 'blip' that will resolve itself in due course or is it a reflection of the standard of work being submitted (no better or no worse that any other time as far as I can see) or just not enough people care to comment?

I've observed over the years since I've been a member here that the lull you refer to happens from time to time. It is seasonal, I think, happening when people are busy in their off-line lives with work, school, seasonal changes, summer heat, holidays and so on. We're just in one of those phases. Like the weather, it will change with time, and then people will have more lee-way to read, comment, score and even write new texts.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsy
Quote by authorised1960

I've observed over the years since I've been a member here that the lull you refer to happens from time to time. It is seasonal, I think, happening when people are busy in their off-line lives with work, school, seasonal changes, summer heat, holidays and so on. We're just in one of those phases. Like the weather, it will change with time, and then people will have more lee-way to read, comment, score and even write new texts.

Thanks. Much as I suspected...
Lurker
0 likes
So no one remembers for certain that you could or not?

It's a great feature.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by authorised1960

Yeah, sometimes I am part of the people those people this time. Give it a month things will be flowing like it was.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Entangled_Fate
Quote by authorised1960

Yeah, sometimes I am part of the people those people this time. Give it a month things will be flowing like it was.

Wait I didn't even notice that???? That type of stuff happens around here?
Her courage was her crown and she wore it like a queen -Atticus
0 likes
Quote by Black_Dragon
Quote by Entangled_Fate
Quote by authorised1960

Wait I didn't even notice that???? That type of stuff happens around here?

You're one of the people who does it most. >.>
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Rebellious_Soul
You're one of the people who does it most. >.>

....I dont know what you mean
Her courage was her crown and she wore it like a queen -Atticus
Lurker
0 likes
Can we delete comments on stories/poems or do they stay forever? My delete button isn't working. (blocked people still trying to get their two cents in any way that they can)