Find your next favourite story now
Login

Announcing The Winners Of The Beyond The Veil Competition!

last reply
9 replies
4 watchers
40 likes
Administration

You all have shown us once again how amazingly talented you are. The variety and creativity of these poems blew us away. Some made us think and others pulled on our heartstrings. Either way, they all made us feel something, which is what poetry is supposed to do. So thank you!

Without further ado, here are your top ten.

1st Place: As You Slip Away by KatarinaTechgoddess

2nd Place: Torn by TheShyThespian

3rd Place: Rainbow Geometry by verbal

And rounding out the top ten:

4th Place: Whispers Beyond The Veil by expressomarkie

5th Place: So Like You by Pnin

6th Place: Does His Heart Still Beat For Me? by WriterGirl

7th Place: The Ties That Bind by Dreamweaver023

8th Place: Dreaming… by JamesPBear

9th Place: The Veil Between Good and Evil by Cora

10th Place: Microwaved Metaphysics by OpheliaTusk

Thank you again to everyone who participated in this and to the judges, we couldn't have done this without you. As always, if you haven't read any of the comp poems, I suggest you do.

To the top three, I'll be in touch shortly concerning your prizes!

Crazy old ape

Woo hoo! Congratulations all. Good top three there. Even verbal who claimed he wasn't good at poetry. 😉😊

(Dang, did I time my morning visit well, or what?)

On the beauty that lies beneath - Beyond the Veil comp entry!

Shy Scribbler

worship :worship:

Huge congrats to Kat, Mr Thespian, and Verbal! Great job!

I loved all the entries! Congrats to all for having the courage to write this crazy thing called poetry! ❤️

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

White Rose

Congratulations on the wonderful wins Katarina, Jason, and verbal!

Congratulations to all who won Competition Top 10!

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated in "Beyond The Veil," a most wonderful poetry comp!

Thank you, Molly, for hosting yet another thought-provoking and challenging competition.

Thank you to all the judges of "Beyond The Veil."

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. ❤️🌹

The Veil Between Good and Evil

"Beyond The Veil" Competition Top 10: Good and evil exist beyond the veil.

Peace

Peace and the beauty of nature on a summer's night.

I'm incredibly honored to have placed in the top spot in this competition. All of the entries were so beautifully written. Congratulations to Jason and Verbal for their 2nd and 3rd place poems and those who placed in the top ten. Honestly, ALL of the poems were fabulous; I would not have wanted to be a judge. (But I'm sure thankful for those who DID the judging!).

Thanks so much, Molly, for a wonderful, challenging theme. 😊❤️

~Kat~

My 1st place Beyond the Veil competition poem:

As You Slip Away

My 2nd place Mardi Gras competition story:

Memories of Mardi Gras (One Last Time)

My 4th place It's Not What It Looks Like competition story:

1975 The Summer Of Fun

My top ten Monsters and Myths competition story:

Queen of the Turbines

YEA Kat, Jason, and verbs! Way to go, guys (well, gal and guys, but … you know).

And congratulations to everyone who had the audacity to enter. It turned out to be a rollicking competition.

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Latest Competition Entry: Dreaming…

Active Ink Slinger

Wow! I really can't believe that. I really am the most awful poet (or so I thought), so am over the moon with this result!! Just don't ask me to make anything rhyme...

Huge congratulations to Kat and Verbal - I'm honoured to share the podium with you. And another massive pat on the back to the rest - there were some fabulous reads in this competition. Special mentions to those who are new to StoriesSpace or who haven't entered before.

Thank you Molly, for arranging this competition - it was good to have another crack at a poem (despite my initial reaction - oh, no - not poetry!!) Thank you also to the judges and everyone involved in organising the comp 😊

White Rose

Quote by TheShyThespian
Special mentions to those who are new to StoriesSpace or who haven't entered before.

Thank you for including the above in your post, Jason. I was thinking the same.

Dreamweaver and expressomarkie, thank you for entering the competition. Congratulations on your Competition Top 10 wins! You both wrote lovely and beautiful poems.

May I say, this announcement has put me in the most cheerful and peaceful mood today. I am truly so very happy for you, Katarina, Jason, and verbal. Everyone who entered "Beyond The Veil" wrote intriguing and unique poems. Thank you for sharing your inspirations, emotions, dreams, and hearts. ❤️🌹

Peace

Rookie Scribe

Very well done to KatarinaTechgoddess – I can only imagine how good it would feel to win a poetry competition!

White Rose

Quote by Pnin

Very well done to KatarinaTechgoddess – I can only imagine how good it would feel to win a poetry competition!

Your poem, and Katarina's, were both touching and lovely. I truly mean that, Pnin. ❤️🌹

Peace