Find your next favourite story now
Login

What are some of the best songs heard in a movie you saw?

last reply
126 replies
17.7k views
0 watchers
6 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes

With the loss of Donald Sutherland, I thought of this one. He played "Hawkeye" Pierce in the original movie, even if Alan Alda is probably the actor most associated with the role due to the longevity of the TV series.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - "Not What It Looks Like" comp THIRD PLACE!!

Administration
0 likes

A little fun fact some of you may know, I love writing to horror movie soundtracks. One of the best songs to get your heart racing is In The House In The Heartbeat from 28 Days Later. (the title on the link wrote the name wrong)

Mystica Flora
0 likes

La dispute - Yann Tiersen

"Amélie"

Lillie

"It's Not What It Looks Like" contestant; true story regarding a normal collegiate day that took a drastic turn.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

I wouldn't say that this is the best song I ever heard in a movie. I wouldn't even say it is a good song, but...

It is of its time (1966) and was very tongue-in-cheek. I think it worked very well in the movie. The faces are even recognisable!

Cliff Richard Junior with the Shadows from Thunderbirds Are Go.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Beautiful - James Newtown Howard

"King Kong"

Lillie

"It's Not What It Looks Like" contestant; true story regarding a normal collegiate day that took a drastic turn.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

I have never seen the Film, 9 1/2 Weeks, but one of my favourite songs is from it. I love atmospheric music, and for me, This City Never Sleeps is the best track to come from The Eurythmics. Another one where I can close my eyes and let my imagination go. The image of a big city at night (in my case, London) is really brought to life. Put on headphones, crank up the volume just a little, and blank out everything else.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

It Must Have Been Love - Roxette, from Pretty Woman