Find your next favourite story now
Login

What movie did you see in the theater or on DVD?

last reply
217 replies
15.6k views
4 watchers
9 likes
Kaiju-adjacent

Quote by gillianleeza

I am still trying to figure out how I feel about Poor Things. It was very different.

I also watched The Marsh King's Daughter. It was okay, but nothing original or any stand-out acting or writing.

I went back and finished Poor Things (Talia didn’t) and I ended up liking it. It get a lot better once she learns to talk. After that it reminded me less of Frankenstein and more of Candide. The very end with the goat was kinda dumb, but I liked it.

Talia. Did. Not.

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Kaiju-adjacent

To expand on my ALL CAPS review of Dune 2, it’s been ages since I read the books, but he certainly seemed faithful to the vibe and the storyline. I thought the first Dune was a little slow and ponderous, though I really liked the world building. I thought it ended really abruptly too. It all pays off in Dune 2, where knowledge of that world is essential to the action and plot turns. I bet it works well to see them back to back.

I highly recommend seeing this on as large a screen as possible. Great movie. And oh, those worms!

Kaiju-adjacent

Just started 3 Body Problem. The 1st episode was excellent, we'll see what they do with it tonight. It's gotten a lot of crap in the press, I've noticed.

Administration

The last one I saw in the theater was Abagail. It was great and I can't wait for it to start streaming so I can watch it again to see the little things I might have missed.

The last movie I watched was Dune 2. I echo Gillian and Verbal, this was excellent.

Story Moderator

I watched The First Omen today. It wasn't bad, but you know how some things are going to turn out if you've seen the other movies in the franchise. It's not something I'd watch again.