What are you watching on TV

last reply
503 replies
22.7k views
4 watchers
22 likes
Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Finished the 3 Body Problem. Started out strong, ended up…meh, but okay. I would watch a second season. At least the showrunners learned to use a SHORT opening credit sequence after that interminable Game of Thrones credit sequence.

Gonna start Fallout tonight.

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
Gonna start Fallout tonight.

Have you played any of the games? I hear the series is fantastic but I'm always wary of videogame adaptations for games I know little to nothing about. Which means I'm still waiting for that epic Space Invaders premium TV series. 😀

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - "Not What It Looks Like" comp THIRD PLACE!!

Story Moderator
0 likes

My kids all played Fallout and are watching the series. So far, they think it is pretty good.

I've been watching a lot of documentaries lately. Finished two on Max. One is about a group of Mormons killed in Mexico and the aftermath. Another is about the Oklahoma bombing. They are both well done and informative, but heavy subjects.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

I didn’t like Fallout. I know it’s gotten raves, but I had to push myself to finish the first episode. I doubt I will watch more,

I’m going to try Rebel Moon tonight. It’s gotten savaged by critics, but I’m a sucker for big, dumb sci-fi.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

I'm watching "Alias." I think it's a great show with a great cast. I watched it in high school when it was airing live and watched it again on DVD. It's been quite a while since I last watched it. I recently started Season Two.

Cora's Soliloquy

A soliloquy about true love in the midst of loneliness and perseverance.

Peace

Peace and the beauty of nature on a summer's night.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

My son (grown) recommended Fallout before watching it. I knew it wasn't for me. I will have to find out what he thinks now.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

I'm watching "Peaky Blinders" with my family. I watched part of the first episode years ago and was very bored. We've watched a few episodes this time around. The series gets off to a slow start but it is enjoyable. Cillian Murphy is one of my favorite actors.

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

We are getting heavily into Evil (the show, not the topic in general). Sadly, we just got caught up. I have a small celebrity crush on Kristen (and especially the demonic Kristen - OMG she is hot).

We are compensating for the lack of Evil with binging X Files - a really similar structure. Plus I get to watch X Files all over again! It holds up surprisingly well over the years

Story Moderator
0 likes

I love Evil but was so disappointed that this is the last season. The daughters always make me laugh when they all talk at once. The casting is excellent, and I agree that Demon Kristen is very hot. I re-watched the past seasons and am caught up in the current season. I can't imagine how they are going to end it.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

I am watching, “Flashpoint.” I watched the series in college and am watching it again. It is about an elite task force that responds to emergency situations. One of my favorite shows.

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza
The casting is excellent, and I agree that Demon Kristen is very hot.

It's that tongue. smile

Story Moderator
0 likes

Quote by verbal

It's that tongue. smile

Have you watched the latest episode? I love that the show combines serious themes with humor, and the cast is great.

I watched The Man with 1000 Kids on Netflix. It was fascinatingly disturbing, and I can't understand why someone would do this. It's an interesting watch.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza
Have you watched the latest episode? I love that the show combines serious themes with humor, and the cast is great.

I haven't seen the latest one, we'll watch it this weekend. The cast is SO good. And yeah, they combine humor with some pretty deep discussions of religion and spirituality.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Really enjoying the remake of Presumed Innocent on Apple. I hope the killer is different than who it was in the book.

Also, we saw a great little sci-fi movie called Significant Other. Talia has a tiny crush on Jake Lacy. I thought it went on about 10 minutes too long, but otherwise, VERY clever plot.

Story Moderator
0 likes

I read the book Presumed Innocent a long time ago and enjoyed it. I want to watch the new series, but we don't have Apple. I swear, whenever I see something I want to watch, it's always on one of the streaming apps I don't have. I'm getting annoyed with streaming since some have added ads and want you to pay even more to get rid of them. Streaming has turned into what I hated about cable. Sorry, rant over. Maybe it's a sign I should watch less television. That's not going to happen anytime soon unless summer can stop being 100 degrees every day. The rant is still going; sorry again, lol.

I tried to watch some of Shark Week's programming, but I think they've covered it all in past years, and some shows are just silly.

I have been watching the second season of House of Dragons. If you liked Game of Thrones you should like it as well.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza
I tried to watch some of Shark Week's programming, but I think they've covered it all in past years, and some shows are just silly.

The science YouTuber Ben G Thomas counterprograms his own "Shark Week" which is wall-to-wall actual science about sharks and his stuff is often quite interesting. This year he finished with a half hour video on deep sea sharks and their adaptations to life in the deepest parts of the ocean. Ben's a UK university student in paleontology whose mother is an ecologist. His channel started while he was still a teen and now features three hosts (him, his buddy Doug, and a young woman named Emily who joined them more recently). He also helped his mother start her channel.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Whilst visiting my daughter and her family this week, I saw an episode of Gilmore Girls. I hadn't seen it before and found it quite amusing. I have now begun to watch it on catch-up. I have no idea how long it ran for, but it will keep me amused for a while.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Actually watched a good piece on the Ben G Thomas channel I mentioned above, looking at the current state of knowledge about the infamous otodus megalodon shark. Bottom line is that, absent finding a more complete fossil, much remains up in the air about it. For instance, we know it was the biggest predatory fish, and one of the biggest predators, of all time but exactly how big remains up for debate, with estimates ranging from 14-15m in some studies to 20m or more in others..

Mystica Flora
0 likes

I am watching, "Criminal Minds" and "House M.D." I watched both series' in college and now rewatching them. Not sure how long I will watch either series but they are interesting and amusing to watch at night for now.

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

I have just discovered Gilmore Girls! I know, twenty years late. 🙄It is not the kind of thing I usually go for, which is probably why I never picked up on it before. My granddaughters were watching it whilst I was there a couple of weeks ago and I found it really good. I love Lorelei Gilmore. Like me, she is a coffee addict and has a wicked sense of humour.

I see there are seven seasons so it will take me a while.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Quote by DenimAngel

Watching a few things on hulu : The Mentalist (pretty good) Bones ( always been a fan of David Boreanaz)

I very much enjoy "Bones" and David Boreanaz as well. If you like military/action shows, he is the lead actor in a show, "SEAL Team." The seventh and final season is airing August 11. You may find it at Amazon Prime (have to pay to rent or buy) or at Paramount+ (free). David Boreanaz said that because he is familiar with playing characters in suits, he is going to develop his own new show. If that happens, it should be interesting. He is already exec prodcuder of "SEAL Team" and was a producer of "Bones."

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Cora
David Boreanaz

I really only know him from Buffy, when he originated the character of Angel, who then became the star of a Buffy spinoff.

Been watching some Olympic events, mostly highlight reels after the fact on YouTube, plus my usual YouTube fare.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

I really only know him from Buffy, when he originated the character of Angel, who then became the star of a Buffy spinoff.

Correct, but I never watched "Buffy" or "Angel." I became a fan of his when I first watched "Bones." It is a fantastic series.

I have been watching "Justified" for the past week or two. I am in the second season; not sure how many seasons there are. I really like Timothy Olyphant. As the main character, a Federal Marshall in Kentucky, he does a fantastic job. There are a couple characters who make me laugh just thinking about them, especially one. Interesting that the show was adapted from a short story, "Fire in the Hole."

Cora's Soliloquy

Peace